Wednesday 27 April 2011

Wordsmith in the making

Oh, I’ve had an Inspirational morning. It started off with an inspirational run… it had rained overnight (and in fact as I write this the Biokovo is wearing a shroud of sorts) so presumed that rowing may be off the menu¸ and if it was on, there would be lots of eager hands to the vesle (blades). Full of energy I decided to run to Krvavica, all the while looking for the ultimate photo of a squirrel to send my granddaughter.




The stari put (old track) trails through the forest for a bit and then wanders along the coast¸ clearly marked by the red paint markers. I’m a sucker for tracks-if I can see another corner to investigate, I’m hard to stop.
No good squirrel moments though, but this photo gives you an idea..


And as I had the camera in my hand, I thought I may as well document my new rowing friends: introducing Basko (that 's' is a 'sh') and Ivan,

Josepi and Leon.

Leon had his first lesson in the boat yesterday – ruke (arms) only for the whole outing. Trener said he was the first at the club this morning. Today I watched as he was allowed to use the slide (sorry non rowers, this is boat talk) – what a smile! He was exhausted pretty quickly though – I think he is 11.
Anyway, back to Inspiration. (Work with me for a moment here..) One can’t help but notice that there are some creative English translations available here – signs, guide instructions and explanations, menus etc . To be fair, some are great¸ but others lack, well, good English. Which is of course charming in its own way… but, here I am, and I am FLUENT in English! A wordsmith even! So, I have offered my services (free of charge to start off with) to run my English-speaking eye over a few websites. Quality Assurance in the making.
I start tomorrow at Hotel Biokovo (after my coffee date at 10.00). I’ll let you know what comes of it.
Inspired huh?
PS look what you can do with toi-toi

No comments:

Post a Comment