Wednesday 1 June 2011

Pauza

No pressure, but thought that I had better do a blog tonight because tomorrow there won’t be one because I will be in Dubrovnik meeting Danica and Samuel and hauling them back to Makarska on the bus. The greeting party when they arrive may be a cast of thousands!
There are cousins and friends, neighbours and a few other random people who are waiting to meet my family.
The bus leaves at 5.30 in the morning and Danica and Samuel will have to wait around in a café for an hour before I get there. So it’s an early night for me, and alarms set on both phones.
Danica is going to take a hip hop class on Saturday (Samuel offered too, but...).

I’ve just been sitting with my neighbours, looking at u-tube clips of Jermaine and his Geeking. Jermaine was Danica’s teacher at dance school – check them out, especially the Maori Boy one filmed in Aotea Square – and then had to show them Frosty Boy and the BMX Kid because it is just so New Zealand and I love the concept of God doing bombs! (My neighbours are New Zealand born, so they understood the humour).

Oh, and funny thing, I have a new pupil to teach to row – my first girl! I’m pretty excited about that. We both turned up this evening at 6.00 … but there was no rowing… maybe Saturday morning.

And even the yoga is having a pauza – everyone has too many summer commitments, so classes are on hold until, well, I guess until the tourists are gone. I will have to keep twisting and stretching in the privacy of my own apartment. It was getting hot in the room anyway, and I don’t fancy bikram yoga.

And just in case you had given up .... here's a wee article for those to whom they think it applies. The heading says 'with love, it's never too late'

... these two met each other again after 50 years apart, and wow, look at that sparkle in their eyes!

I’ll be back! Vidimo se.

No comments:

Post a Comment