Wednesday 31 August 2011

I nearly had exciting news to tell today, nearly…

The other day trener told me that the woman who cleans his apartments has injured her shoulder, and that they were looking for someone to do her work – you see, my dream of being a sobarica was to be fulfilled! *sigh*, then next time we spoke, he apologized and said that his wife had found someone else to do the work. Like a see-saw, yesterday he told me that the back up person had fallen through now, and could I please do the work! Yes, and yes – I told you, destiny!

This morning I was on my way to Podgora at 7.30 to spend some time with the current lady so that I would know what to do – I met trener in a cafe, chatted about rowing (small talk, building up to the real stuff) – and then asked ‘so, what do you want me to do?”. Oh dear. He looked embarrassed and said ‘nothing, her shoulder operation is not for a month now’. See? Dashed!

He bought me coffee, offered to give me money (for my work with the rowers) offered to pay my taxi home, offered me his first born, so embarrassed was he for wasting my time. But I hadn’t seen Podgora before, so nothing was wasted, and the café we were sitting in was Café Ahipara, because of relatives there… I then got to walk along the beautiful track from Podgora to Tucepi (divine) visit my darling cousin Zlata in Tucepi, and then walk the lovely stari put (old road) between Tucepi and Makarska.



It was a lovely morning – I covered about 10 kms, had two coffees….





I have to face it – I am not destined to be a sobarica, not in this part of the world anyway, not in this lifetime.

Apart from that little adventurous tale, I have a couple of photos to show you –and I want you to see if you can work out what these are...



If you guessed No Parking Signs, then you are right! I wonder if this trick would work in New Zealand??? And any thoughts on why it works here??

No comments:

Post a Comment